Leostream are excited to announce that Avid, makers of Avid Media Composer, has qualified the Leostream Connection Broker to manage Avid Media Composer virtual machines hosted in Hybrid Clouds.
Avid Media Composer is the leading creative editorial software, embraced by the top movie, television, and broadcast editors. In a recent whitepaper, Leostream outlined how the media and entertainment industry has embraced hosted application as an ideal solution for collaboration and remote access.
Leostream are proud to be qualified by Avid to manage Avid virtual machines in environments that employ single or multiple hypervisor solutions, such as VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, or in a public cloud or hybrid cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
Managing Avid Media Composer virtual machines with Leostream allows customers to –
- Create pools of available VM resources
- Terminate cloud-hosted instances when users log out
- Manage the power state of VMs and user access
- Maintain user access logs and monitor which VMs are used by which users
- Maintain usage statistics for pools of machines
- Provision new VMware virtual machine pools from templates or as linked clones from snapshots, or build pools of cloud-hosted machines from images available in the cloud platforms
- Manage user roles and session control levels
Find more information on how Leostream can help Avid Media Composer customers with their hosted application solution in their recent whitepaper.