Avid Media Composer 2020.4 Available from, Monday, April 27th 2020
Media Composer 2020.4 will be released, Monday, April 27.
Media Composer 2020.4 will be released today, Monday, April 27. The installers have been made available via Avid Master Accounts, Avid Link, and the Download Center as of 12 p.m. EST. This update introduces several new features and functions, many of which will be of great value to our users who are adjusting to new working conditions and remote workflows.
- macOS Catalina (10.15.4): Take advantage of the power of the latest macOS – and the newest Mac Pro computer – with support for Catalina
- Universal Media Engine: Accelerate your workflow with the new Universal Media Engine, which removes reliance on QuickTime to deliver better media importing, playback, editing, and export performance
- Sequence Map: Get a birds-eye view of an entire 128-track sequence with the Timeline Sequence Map, enabling faster navigation without scrolling or resizing, and saving valuable screen real estate when working on single monitor systems
- Bulk Edit: Modify multiple clips in a bin with new bulk editing capabilities, enabling you to add text to clip names, append counter numbers to clip text, or even auto-generate a Comments column based on existing text, saving hours of manual work
- Blank Panel: Keep your interface windows and layout locked in the same relative positions and sizes with blank panels that fill in the empty space whenever you close a tool or panel, keeping surrounding elements from shifting in and disrupting your editing muscle memory
- NDI SDK 4.5: Get access to additional NDI features like the Discovery Server, letting you stream outputs to remote locations faster and easier
- New Project Window: Create and select projects with ease and see what’s new in Media Composer with the new Project window
- ProRes on Windows: Create, edit, collaborate, and export ProRes media natively with full encoding (write/export) support for Apple’s video compression format.
- New Mask Margin Presets: Easily create content for mobile video platforms and social media with new 9×16 and 1×1 Mask Margins and FrameFlex framing presets
- Avid S1 and Control App: Edit and mix audio easily when using an Avid S1 control surface and/or the free Avid Control mobile app with support for audio metering and more video editing tasks
- Change to Cloud VM: Media Composers running in a remote desktop configuration – meaning there is a Media Composer running on a workstation in one location and a user is connecting directly to it from another – will not require a Cloud VM Option license
For complete information on all of the new features and functionality in Media Composer 2020.4, please refer to the following documentation: