AJA Io X3
Multi-Channel 2K/HD/SD Video I/O over Thunderbolt™ 3
AJA has announced the new AJA Io X3, perfect for high quality HDR or SDR work with 2K/HD signals or files up to 60p.
Bidirectional 3G-SDI connectivity and multi-channel display support over HDMI provides a range of useful ingest, output and display options for editors, colorists, VFX professionals and streaming applications. Connect to your Mac or PC with a single Thunderbolt 3 cable with a second port for pass through. Io X3’s compact and quiet form factor is ideal for on set, in the studio, at an event or in the edit suite.
AJA Io X3 is perfect for high quality HDR or SDR video work with up to 60p HD/2K signals or files with support for all major NLE applications as well as other video applications such as OBS Studio, vMix and Telestream Wirecast. Connecting with a single Thunderbolt 3 cable and providing a second Thunderbolt connector for flexibility, Io X3’s compact and quiet form factor is ideal for on set, in the studio, at an event or in the edit suite.
- 2K/HD/SD I/O up to 50/60p
- 4x bidirectional 3G-SDI BNC with 16-channel embedded audio
- HDMI I/O with 8-channel embedded audio
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports with loop through
- Multi-channel workflow support for OBS/Wirecast/vMix and other applications
- YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit up to 60p
- RGB 4:4:4 12-bit up to 30p
- VPID signalling for SDR/HDR Transfer Characteristics, Colorimetry and Luminance via SDI
- PQ, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision Support
- HDR Metadata Capture and Auto Playback Detection
- Multiview output over HDMI, to view up to 4-channels on one screen
- Analog audio flexibility with a choice of 8-channel In or 8-channel Out or 4-channel In and 4-channel out via a standard Tascam connection
- Front panel audio display
- Includes support for the Apple M1 chip and the latest OS versions
- XLR 12V power for battery or AC use (AC adapter included)
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile and live environments
- RS-422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input and LTC Output
Versatile and Practical Connectivity
The Io X3 rear panel offers a wealth of easy to access connectivity for almost any need in SD/HD/2K video pipelines. Power is supplied via industry standard 4-pin XLR with either the included AC adapter or battery power. Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports provide host connectivity to a laptop or desktop PC or Mac, with the second port for loop through to other Thunderbolt devices.
RS-422 is included for machine control of external devices so they can be synchronized for editing. Analog audio is offered via a DB-25 port, with all 8-channels configurable to be in or out. HDMI in and out ports allow for easy monitoring or video input sources to be accessed, including HDR and SDR video.
Reference input connects the Io X3 to any master clock source alongside LTC input and output for timecode. Finally, 4 bidirectional 3G-SDI ports can be configured as multi-channel inputs or outputs to suit the video application of choice, offering immense flexibility in the field, editing suite or on-set.
Want to find out more?
Call us now on 01932 255 66