AJA KONA 4
AJA KONA 4 is a powerful 4-channel video and audio desktop I/O card
The AJA KONA 4 is a powerful 4-channel video and audio desktop I/O card. With unparalleled features for handling everything from SD to HD. Additionally supporting 2K and 4K with full 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 sampling for fantastic image clarity and 12-bit support. For HDR* workflows, KONA 4 supports HDR10, HLG, PQ and Dolby Vision for rich color delivery over SDI and/or HDMI. Working also with AJA’s Control Room, Control Panel software and SDK tools, providing support for leading content creation applications, such as Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer®, FilmLight products and more. KONA 4 has the power for the work you do today and into the future.
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD up to 50/60p
- 4x bidirectional 3G-SDI spigots with 16-channel embedded audio
- HDMI 1.4b monitoring with 8-channel embedded audio, plus 4K to HD downsampling
- RGB 4:4:4 12-bit, YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit and HFR workflows supported
- Real time up, down, cross-conversion (HD/SD)
- 4K Closed Caption Support
- VPID signalling for SDR/HDR Transfer Characteristics, Colorimetry and Luminance via SDI
- PQ, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision Support
- HDR Metadata Capture and Auto Playback Detection
- Compatible with leading creative apps
- Includes support for the new Apple M1 chip
- Supports AES Audio I/O for Telestream Wirecast
- Included breakout cable for Ref (Analog or Tri-level), LTC, RS-422, 8-ch AES/EBU
- Extend external connectivity with K3G-BOX breakout box
- Three year warranty
KONA 4 features bi-directional 3G-SDI connections that can be used for input and output. 16-Channels of embedded audio over SDI for multi-channel audio work and HDMI 2.0b monitoring output. LTC I/O, Genlock input, RS-422 control, configurable 3 x BNC SD/HD analog video output and 8-channel AES audio I/O with the K3G-Box all allow KONA 4 to integrate into a variety of workflows from HDR to HFR, 4K to Multi-Channel HD for streaming and mo
New Apple M1 Chip Support
Desktop Software v16.1 and above is optimized for the new Apple M1 chip with native support for AJA macOS drivers, application plug-ins, AJA Control Room, AJA Control Panel, AJA System Test and AJA NMOS software.
HDR or High Dynamic Range, provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colors, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colours to be communicated to your audience.
KONA 4 HDR workflows can also benefit from AJA’s Control Room application and it’s companion, AJA Control Panel, which comes complete with built-in HDR test patterns.
AJA Control Room provides VPID signaling for SDR/HDR Transfer Characteristics, Colorimetry and Luminance transfer characteristics over SDI, bringing flexible output options to your KONA 4. HDMI ports that were already HDR compatible will work simultaneously, for HDR output via both SDI and HDMI.
AJA Control Room software adds support for HDR metadata capture from an incoming SDI or HDMI signal. The captured .mov video file will have embedded HDR metadata, allowing the file to be played back at its intended dynamic range.
AJA Control Room software also provides the KONA 4 with HDR Auto Playback Detection. Embedded HDR metadata in a recorded .mov file, is read and used to automatically set the HDR format on the monitor(s) connected to the KONA 4 HDMI and/or SDI outputs. Support for file-based .mov HDR outputs with metadata from Adobe Premiere Pro/Adobe Media Encoder HDR files is also available. Screening those rendered outputs is a simple and hi-quality experience with AJA Control Room. Every frame is presented in its full-quality, at the timing intended, and with the proper HDR format set correctly and automatically.
4K Closed Caption Support
AJA Control Room
Supports CEA-608 or 608-in-708 via ANC extraction firmware
Avid & Adobe Plugins
- All SMPTE-291 (ANC) based captions supported
- Adobe Premiere supports native 708 if the raw data is available. For instance in the Adobe plug-ins we handle the case where Premiere hands us full 708 data, we just pass it through to the device
- Avid Media Composer supports active video ANC (line 21) or ANC via ANC extractor/inserter (up to UHD/4K)
Apple Mac Pro Compatible
AJA offers full compatibility for the new Apple Mac Pr. Including support for AJA Control Room with Metal compatibility as well. Also extensive support for a range of applications. macOS support for 11.0 (Big Sur), 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave) is also offered with KONA 4.
For productions handling high resolution workflows all the way up to 4K, KONA 4 is a perfect video and audio I/O companion.