EditShare EFS 450
EFS450 is designed to meet demanding bandwidth, storage capacity, fault-tolerance and management requirements of large-scale workgroups and media operations. A 3-node, 192 TB entry-level cluster provides over 2.3 GB/s of bandwidth and its native XOR protection will tolerate the loss of an entire storage node. Bandwidth and capacity are expanded linearly by simply plugging in additional storage nodes to reach unlimited capacity.
While being expanded, an EFS 450 can continue to support production while background processes distribute data to newly-added nodes. Thanks to its RAM-based EFS Metadata servers, the EFS 450 insures that Reads and Writes are processed quickly. Our unique SwiftRead feature manages resource contention that arises in shared storage environments to prevent dropped frames on ingest and playout operations. Lastly, two or more metadata servers can be paired to create a true high- availability environment.
- Distributed file system and multiple levels of hardware redundancy ensure the highest level of data protection
- Multiple levels of RAID that increase both reliability and performance
- High Availability options to increase uptime with no single point of failure infrastructure
- Choice of file protection mechanisms to suit content value and budget
- Grow to 5 PB and beyond
- Fault tolerant with the addition of a second metadata controller, implements advanced IPMI-fencing and PDU-fencing mechanism
- EFS 450 permits wide-scale simultaneous users of media with project sharing
- Two hot-swappable 480 GB SSDs for system configuration and metadata management
- Multiple network cards available
- Redundant power supplies and cooling
- 2U rack-mountable chassis
EFS 450 is equipped with FLOW Production Asset Management to provide file-based ingest, logging, cataloging, searching, cuts-only editing and drag and drop to Apple Final Cut X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer Ultimate and other NLE applications as well as provide web-based access via AirFLOW and remote editing via FLOW Story.
Ark Media Archive is also bundled with the EFS 450. It permits users to set up automatic tasks to backup critical media assets and to park unused assets in nearline disk and offline tape storage. Ark users can also restore backups from nearline and offline destinations.
EditShare Manager is a comprehensive application that enables system administrators to manage users, permissions, quotas, workspaces, projects, reporting and other aspects of system usage. Like all members of the EFS storage family, the EFS 450 never requires maintenance windows for tasks like defragmentation, storage expansion or software updates.
EditShare Connect is client software that enables collaboration between project members. It provides access to permitted media assets and workstations, it enforces read and write permissions, quotas and implements project sharing and bin locking.
To find out more about this product call us on 01932 255 666 or click below to get in touch.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Do you have questions about our products or how we can help your business? Give us a call or send us a message and we’ll do everything we can to help.