ATOMOS Ninja V +
ATOMOS Ninja V + 5-inch 8Kp30 4Kp120 1000 nit HDR HDMI Monitor-Recorder
The Ninja V+ is the next stage in the evolution of the multi-award winning Atomos Ninja, delivering up to 8Kp30 and 4Kp120 continuous recording in Apple ProRes RAW while inheriting HDR, 4Kp60 RAW and video as well as HDp120 slow motion from its little brother, Ninja V.
With the ability to capture in 8Kp30 and 4Kp120, the Ninja V+ allows you to stay ahead of the game and ensure that you have the flexibility to grow your system as projects demand. Future-proofed quality and formats allow you to stay compatible with newly released and existing cameras, in a world where new cameras are released frequently, and technology is advancing at an incredible pace.
The Ninja V+ takes advantage of the new Atomos Silicon Atom IC3, AtomOS 10 and the incredible efficiency of ProRes RAW to deliver these increased resolutions and frame rates. The new formats also integrate seamlessly into the timeline of your existing ProRes RAW or ProRes projects, without huge storage or processing overheads.
READY FOR THE FUTURE
The Ninja V+ and Canon R5 deliver a compact and configurable 8K RAW and HDR camera system that is very affordable when compared with other 8K setups. The possibilities you have when shooting in 8K are a true game-changer, as Canon and Atomos have just democratized 8K for the masses with no compromise in quality.
MORE POWER. LESS WEIGHT.
Pairing the Ninja V+ with the Canon R5 gives you a powerful yet compact 8K camera package that fits in your hands and can be flexibly built out to suit your needs. It can become the basis of a compact cinema rig or be flown on gimbals and stabilizers. It’s also easy to create an incredibly lightweight setup, as the Canon R5 with a 24mm Cine lens, Ninja V+, NPF battery and media comes in under 3KG/7lb, which can be easily carried by a wide range of aerial drones, as well as vehicles and robot arms.
EXTRA RESOLUTION GIVES YOU CREATIVE FLEXIBILITY
With the broad canvas of 8K resolution, your options for creative crops into a region of interest allow you to extract multiple 4K shots from a single camera angle. This allows you to create additional shots for cutaways to break up the edit, which are much higher resolution than if the shots were extracted from a single 4K source.
STABILIZE WITHOUT COMPROMISE
The incredible resolution of 8K video means that even after cropping into the image as part of the stabilization process, the final shot will likely still have a resolution of 4K or even 6K. This means that it can integrate with your other 8K footage on the timeline, and still look great.
RAZOR SHARP SCREENSHOTS
High-resolution screenshots from 8K full-frame cameras also offer the ability to create scene plates for small scale virtual production stages or use them in other content platforms.
SEE THE UNSEEN
The Ninja V+ allows you to capture content at up to 4Kp120 in pristine ProRes RAW for high frame rate video that has exceptional image quality. This is a great alternative to using the internal compressed codecs on your camera for high frame rate recording, as they can apply higher levels of colour compression and subsampling, leading to potential artefacts or limitation in the edit/grade.
Z CAM E2 / E2-M4 SERIES CAMERAS
Capture and visualize the unseen with 4Kp120 recording at up to ProRes RAW from the Ninja V+ Z CAM E2 /E2-M4 models, with more models to follow. Fully harness the dynamic range of the sensor, capture every aspect of motion and movement directly via RAW over HDMI. Add to this the benefit of being able to playback the high frame rate video captured on the Ninja V+ at various playback speeds to preview the adjustments you can make on your NLE timeline.
AN INCREDIBLE CODEC ARSENAL
With the flexibility of providing options for RAW, visually lossless edit-ready files, and proxy/sharable files, you have the ability to scale your needs for quality, and file size.
- ProRes RAW – supporting 16bit RAW outputs from camera via HDMI and optionally via SDI
- ProRes – An industry-standard edit-ready codec from Apple with scalable levels of compression.
- Avid DNx – An industry-standard edit-ready codec for Avideditors with scalable levels of compression.
- H.265 (HEVC) – The highly efficient compressed codec allows you to create high-quality files with a low bit rate and small file size for sharing. You can also create 4K HDR 10-bit deliverables and have the option to ‘bake in’ LUTs to achieve the final pixel LOOK without the need to grade the footage.
- ATOMX MODULES
- ATOMX SDI
- Upgrade your Connection options
- The AtomX SDI Expansion Module locks into place via the modular expansion slot and adds the quality and convenience of SDI connectivity to your Ninja V+, which allows you to monitor and record SDI video up to 4Kp60 from a range of professional cameras and video sources
- HDMI / SDICross ConversionWhen an AtomX SDI Expansion module is attached to your Ninja V+, you can cross convert HDMI and SDI signals. This means that where you have an HDMI source connected to your Ninja V+, you can output an SDI signal from your AtomX SDI Expansion module.
Making multi-camera mainstream
The AtomX SYNC module brings wireless timecode, sync and control technology to the Ninja V+, and you can connect multiple AtomX SYNC enabled Ninja V+ units to create a Timecode Systems powered multi-camera sync network. Remotely trigger frame-accurate record start/ stop recording, monitor, battery and disk capacity information from the SYNC server configured Ninja V+. The SYNC module provides continuous power to keep your Ninja V running while you change the main battery or DC input.
IN THE BOX
- Ninja V+ unit with H265 Pre-Activated
- EVA style hard case
- Neoprene Sleeve Case
- Master drive caddy
- Battery Eliminator
- 1x DC locking connector